Monday, April 24, 2017

Mother's Day Cards

This card was made using Lawn Fawn's Guava and Storm Cloud paper with their Scalloped Rectangle Stackables for a frame. The stamp set is Jessica with her Horse from Your Next Stamp Company and is colored with Copics colors. 

I entered it in the Color Throw Down Challenge #ctd439 for this week but I did take liberties with the colors...pink for red and brown for orange and had to add green for the leaves and grass of course!

This is take one of this card for design. I have about four more to go and plan to make them all slightly different in design though similar in color and stamp set.  I'm enjoying making slightly bigger cards than normal. This one measures 5 x 6.25 and will get mailed in an A7 envelope. 

Card Variation Two using a background made with Distress Oxide Ink...very easy! I may or may not have gotten a bit carried away with the dots on the horses face :)


This third card is very simple. Light pink base with a warm grey accent to match the horse. Jessica and her horse are popped up on the card over the fence. I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. This card is sweet and gentle. 


My 4th Mother's Day card using this stamp set is below. I used an action wobble spring behind Jessica and the horse stamp. I propped up the fence separately to meet the height of Jessica and her horse. I used a MFT heart stencil and broken china and wilted violet distress oxide ink to sponge through the stencil in layers using broken china first but not drying between layers. Then I spritzed water over the ink and dabbed off with a paper towel Lastly I found a smaller Mother's Day sentiment in my Lawn Fawn stash to stamp on the top. I rounded the corners of the stenciled layer and the bottom of the doll pink base cardstock. This card is the exact opposite in final effect as the one above, bold, colorful and celebratory. 

Variation five on my Mother's Day cards. This one is sort of a gate fold card but the opening does overlap and is not centered. I made a belly band with a heart clasp to keep it closed and used Avery Elle's Dotted Border's Die three times for the trim effect on the outside. Inside I plan to write a personal message in the side panels and add a silver heart to match the trim around the picture. This card took the longest for two reasons: One I  had no idea how to make a gate fold ish card and how to keep it closed. Two when I stamped the sentiment I accidentally got black ink on Jessica's face and had to redo her part of the image.


Okay... I promise this is my last one: Variation six of my Mother's Day cards. A window card with silvery trim. The sentiment on the front says Hope your day is Amazing. I used MFT stitched Oval frames dies and stitched oval dies.


1 comment:

Henry's 5th Birthday Card

March is always a challenging time of year in the midwest. It seems like March brings the promise of Spring but the fulfillment of flu and c...