Saturday, May 30, 2015

I'm taking another Online Card Class. This one is called Mask-erade.

Day 1 was all about masking with paper. I followed Kristina Werner's card to make a get well card for one of our supervisors at work. The three birds represent myself and my two coworkers.. I used the oh so popular Bird Crazy stamps from Stampers Anonymous and Tim Holtz. Anyone can see why this stamp set is so popular. The expressions on these stamps are priceless. I also used my new Zig Clean Color Real Brush  pens to colors these crazy guys in. The moment I saw these pens demonstrate by Jennifer McGuire on her YouTube channel I knew this was the type of water coloring medium I'd been waiting for.

Day 2 continued the topic of masking with paper. I followed Jennifer McGuire's second card and cut made a birthday card for my grand daughter who is turning 5 soon. She's big on celebrating her new number so I cut a five out with my Silhouette Cameo on masking paper and stamped a star background covered with birthday images. I used Simon Says Stamp Ink Dyes for the birthday images. Of course I smudge some of the ink and then I had a bright idea. I decided to color in little images with my Copic markers and whoops. One marker was overfilled from last weekend when I refilled it so it came gushing out all over my card! That's why I broke out my sequins and added some bling. Still trying to figure out how to arrange sequins but this was pretty easy,. I just covered all the splotches. There are so many more techniques I'd like to try but too little time. It's summer and I want to spend as much time outside with the grand children. Today was rainy and the kiddos were gone out of town so it was the perfect Saturday to play with colors. Since I'm learning to use these new water color pens I used much of my day to try them out.


 And then I skipped over to Day 5 to make this adorable elephant card. It was a great learning experience for me. Now I just need some practice....Went a little crazy on the balloons but then an elephant would need a lot to help him fly...

And then this card also using heat embossing as a mask:

And these cards using rubber cement as a masking fluid:



4 comments:

  1. Your cards look wonderful! You did a great job on the lesson for each day. Love all those balloons on the last one! I had to skip a day because I didn't have any freezer paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I skipped that day too. Don't know if I'll find time before Friday, tomorrow, to try that method out. I wasn't too thrilled with the whole ironing thing :)

      Delete

Henry's 5th Birthday Card

March is always a challenging time of year in the midwest. It seems like March brings the promise of Spring but the fulfillment of flu and c...