Friday, April 21, 2017

Color Layering Technique

Hi Card Makers!

Still going through my newest purchases here. My next challenge was to use the Hero Arts Color Layering Goldfish Stamp Set. It was really easy to use maybe because it was two layers and then the face was the third layer. I used the Your Next Stamp "Whatnot Sentiments Nine" for the Sentiment, masking off the "w" for the word "wishes" so I could add the "F" by hand for "fishes". I just used a black sharpie for the F and hand wrote it in.

The background is sponged with distress inks: Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon. Then I spritzed with water and Shimmer Spritz from Imagine Crafts in Sparkle to give it a light peal sheen. Inside I stamped Love You from the same sentiment stamps set and added one more fish and and the three plants for background.

The inks I used for the fish were Ranger Cheese Puff Dye Ink and Lawn Fawn Dye Ink Sunflower with Simon Says Blank Intense Dye Ink for the black accents and the sentinent. The plants were made using Hero Arts Ombre Pool to Navy Dye Ink.

I used Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets in two sizes for the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henry's 5th Birthday Card

March is always a challenging time of year in the midwest. It seems like March brings the promise of Spring but the fulfillment of flu and c...